Information from Urban Adventures
We start our private Istanbul food tour in front of the impressive Spice Bazaar. We’ll wander the perimeter of https://www.urbanadventures.com/istanbul-tour-Picnic-On-Two-Continents-private?aff=2400the bazaar and taste pastirma (Turkish dried beef), local cheeses, and Turkish delight from the shops of the long-established sweet makers.
As we wander on this Istanbul markets tour, our local guide will be buying foods to sample and treats to take with us on our journey to Asia. Depending on the season, you may be sampling several different local foods, including fresh nuts, pastirma, halva, olives, traditional Turkish cheeses, and simit.
After leaving the market, we’ll take the ferry to Üsküdar and enjoy a stroll along the waterfront, stopping at a local tea spot for view of the Maiden’s Tower and the Bosphorus. Enjoy tea and a Turkish delight and learn about popular foods and traditions in Turkey.
Afterwards we return by metro to the port of Eminönü, where our guide will offer recommendations for the evening or assist you with getting back to your hotel.
Following recent safety incidents we recommend that you check your government’s advice for their latest information on travelling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary.
We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page – www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Local English-speaking guide, street stall food, snacks, ferry to Üsküdar, a traditional yoghurt drink or tea
What’s not included
- Extra drinks or food, shopping along the way, and tips and gratuities for your local guide
- Eat like a local and sample delicious Turkish cuisine from trusted street stalls while learning about Istanbul’s unique food culture
- Experience the bustling markets of the Spice Bazaar and see how Turkish delight is made
- Cross continents with a ferry ride across the Bosphorus to Asia
- Take a stroll along the scenic waterfront of Üsküdar
- Check out a hidden view of the Maiden’s Tower while enjoying a traditional Turkish tea and Turkish delight
- Each Lonely Planet Experience comes with six-months free access to Lonely Planet’s Guides App which includes over 8,000 destinations guides and unbeatable discounts to Lonely Planet Guidebooks