Visit the local handicraft village where you watch traditional craftmanship of Chiang Mai locals such as the elaborate teak-wood carving, silk-weaving over the wooden handloom, lacquer-ware and ceramic making.
Tour Code: CNXOPT-04
Departure: Every Day
Destination: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Duration: Half Day
Tour Session: Morning, Afternoon
Start from: 400 THB
Operates in 2 sessions: 08:30 – 12:00 and 13:30 – 17:00
Sankampang District of Chiangmai is the heart of the handicraft industry. Many of Thailand’s major producers are located here and you’ll find all of the traditional crafts of the old days and the new in the shops along the Chiang Mai – Sankampang Road.
This half day tour will give you the opportunity to see quality local authentic artisan made products. Elaborate teak-wood carvings, intricate silverware, lustrous black lacquer ware, high-fired ceramics, famous Thai silk and cotton being woven the ancient traditional way on rustic wooden looms, paper-making and silk parasols in a rainbow hue of dazzling colors. Watch skilled artists deftly and swiftly paint art-work on parasols. It’s absolutely amazing.
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel in Chiang Mai City Area
- Sightseeing and visits as described
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Admission fees on sites aforementioned in the program.
General Terms and Conditions
- The given time frame is an estimate timing only and can deviate due to traffic, road conditions, weather, pace of tourists and/or any unforeseen reason
- Any un-utilized service such as meals, sightseeing, or visits are non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to amend the program, itinerary, prices, terms and conditions without prior notice