Israel Will Open To Vaccinated Travelers From May 2022 / By ANDREA SMITH
Visitors can check out the stillness of the Dead Sea © Hrecheniuk Oleksii/Shutterstock
Israel has announced that it will be reopening to fully-vaccinated visitors from the end of May 2022, although the numbers allowed to enter will be limited initially.
This will be welcome news to those who want to check out the stillness of the Dead Sea, the multi-coloured canyon of Makhtesh Ramon or the ancient walls and pathways of Nazareth and Jerusalem.
A limited number of groups will be permitted to enter from October, and the number will be increased based on the health situation and progress of the reopening program.
Individual travelers will be allowed into Israel in the second stage of the program, with health considerations determining the timeline.
The Makhtesh Ramon canyon is a popular attraction © vvvita/Alamy Stock Photo
Even though they will be vaccinated, travelers will still be required to undergo a PCR test before boarding their flight to Israel.
They will also be required to take a serological test upon arrival at Ben Gurion Airport. The country says it is having conversations around establishing a vaccine certification validation process that will eliminate the need for the serological test.
“After a long, forced break, we are delighted to take the first step in opening our borders to international visitors,” says Sharon Bershadsky, director of the Israel Tourist Office UK.
“From the beautiful coast of Tel Aviv, the rich history of Jerusalem, the wonder of the Dead Sea, the ample outdoor travel opportunities and the superb culinary scene, there are numerous reasons for travel wishers to visit our country. We look forward to welcoming all visitors to Israel as soon as it is safe to do so.”
For further information, please visit the Israel Government Tourism Office’s website here.
You might also like:
Buy Lonely Planet’s Beautiful World mini
Journey to the planet’s most magnificent places with this thought-provoking portrait of our world. See it as you’ve never seen it before and renew your relationship with the place we call home.
WMWNEWSTURKEY MEDIA GROUP
- Everything You Need To Know About Paddling In Yellowstone National Park / By Sean Jansen / Lonely Planet / Travel Exclusive News
- A Classic NYC Hotel Gets A Top-To-Bottom Facelift / Except For This Famous Institution Within Its Walls / By LAURA MOTTA / Lonely Planet
- Hammetts Hotel In Newport, RI, Slated To Open Summer 2022 / Luxurytravelmagazine / Travel Exclusive News
- Stylish, Fast Drying Turkish Towels for a Luxurious Summertime / Luxurytravelmagazine
- How Do The Latest Level 4 Travel Advisories Affect Your Insurance Coverage? / By SASHA BRADY / Lonely Planet / Travel Exclusive News